Saturday, November 29, 2014

Hi, welcome to the blog!

Hi,

Welcome to the blog!

Once, I entered the Christian book store. On the far right corner, there were stacks of scholarly books on  Biblical commentaries, Greek and Hebrew textbooks, and theological dictionaries. On the other hand, however, on the far left corner, there were stacks of children materials on Bibles, books, and various curriculums. As a biblical student who aspires to be a scholar one day, and as a children-minister, I had a dilemma: is there a way to bring the "gap" closer? In other words, is there a way to connect the biblical scholarship world with children world? Although far from perfect, this blog is an attempt to do that. In this blog, I do my best to bring my theological and exegetical insights to the level where children can understand and even enjoy.

More specifically, I created this blog to creatively communicate culturally-interactive "Christian insights" to children in a simple and concise way. I use various objects, stories, or other cultural artifacts that children see in their life settings as access points to deliver Christian insights (which are gained from my theological studies) across their hearts. Although the blog posts are mainly written for children, parents, and children ministers in mind, I hope that ALL readers will be richly blessed by the posts from here.

Currently, I am working on a book project that will present 50-100 children Bible stories/ sermons. The book will utilize well-known children stories from various sources such as movies, books, and fairy tales as means to yield persuasive, conviciting, and applicative Biblical messages that are (1) Creative, (2) Culturally-Interactive, (3) Christ-Exalting, and at the same time (4) Centered faithfully in the original authorial intention of the Biblical texts. For more information, click.

On my credentials, I have earned B.A. in Political Science, and Economics from the University of Washington (Seattle, WA), MDiv. from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (Fort Worth, TX). I am currently pursuing ThM at Regent College in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Also, I have more than a year expereince of serveing as a children pastor.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at paulsjcho@gmail.com.

Blessings,
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts